Benchtop and Concrete Surfaces Warranty
BENCHTOP/CONCRETE SURFACE WARRANTY
DLH Designs offer a 2 year limited warranty on materials and workmanship.
DLH Designs is not responsible for labour or other installation charges, removal and/or disposal charges of existing benchtops or any other expense associated with a defective product. DLH Design’s sole responsibility is replacement, exchange or repair of a defective product.
- The development of pinholes or other changes that occur naturally in concrete.
- Edge chipping, surface damage caused by wear and tear, cracking or discolouration due to the product being exposed to high heat or damage caused by improper use or abuse including damage from mishandling or misuse, cracking around voids and cutouts, exposure to ultra-violet light, damage from physical or chemical abuse and damage due to improper care including, but not limited to, leaving spills on your concrete surfaces and damage caused by cleaning with abrasive substances.
- The failure of sealer due to incorrect use or care. Please read and follow all care instructions carefully.
- Scratching and staining.
- Normal wear and tear.
- Use in any setting other than domestic.
- Damage through the use of abrasive, acidic or alkaline cleaners.
- Damage to the sealer from contact with cosmetics such as cleansers, moisturisers, facemasks.
This warranty is not transferable during the warranty period to any subsequent owner of the residence in which the surface product was originally installed.
The warranty does not apply where the defect is trivial or insubstantial and where the product is installed with known or visible defects at the time of installation, including but not limited to colour variance or flatness deviation beyond reason.
Any claim under the warranty will not be recognised or accepted and the warranty does not apply if the claim is not made within a reasonable time after the defect would have become apparent or where the product alleged to be defective is not made available for inspection and testing by DLH Designs.
- Concrete surfaces and sealers, like any material available, have limitations. They are not bombproof and must be cared for. DLH Designs cannot be held responsible nor control the level of use or care provided for concrete surfaces once installed. It is the client’s responsibility to be aware of product limitations, to decide if concrete is the appropriate product for them and to care for surfaces accordingly.
- When ordering a concrete surface from DLH Designs you are agreeing to the conditions of the above warranty. No correspondence will be entered into that contravenes the above warranty conditions.
SPECIAL NOTE: Concrete benchtops are poured in moulds, therefore when they are removed from the mould they will have some pinholes or bubbles along with other voids, “character markings” and discolourations. These will become more pronounced and increase in number as the concrete surface is polished. These holes will be filled but with age some further pinholes may appear in the surface. These are not considered manufacturing defects; rather it is a reflection of the ongoing patina of the concrete product. Areas around voids and cutouts are a weak point and are susceptible to cracks. These are not manufacturing defects and due to the reinforcing used, these cracks are not structural, rather aesthetic.