BASIN INSTALLATION GUIDELINES...
DLH Designs handmade basins are each unique in character. We recommend looking at your basin carefully and choosing which way you would like it to face before handing it to your plumber. Marking it with a post-it note saying "this face to the front!" works a treat.
It is really important to ensure that all surfaces including your basin are completely dry before installation. Moisture is your enemy!
Ensure the perimeter of where your basin meets the benchtop is sealed completely. There is no need to apply silicon under your basin, we recommend silicon around the perimeter ONLY to adhere to the benchtop.
Do not over-tighten wastes and ensure they are fully sealed. Over tightened wastes may result in your basin cracking from the waste out.
Dark patches that develop after using the basin, radiating out from the waste are a sign of poor silicon application, resulting in water getting under your basin and rising through the unsealed base surface. This must be rectified by removing basin, allowing it to dry completely and reapplying silicon seal.
When we ship your basin we include detailed instructions for install including diagrams for your plumber to follow. It is extremely important these instructions are followed...failure to do so will void your warranty.
DLH DESIGNS WARRANTY...
DLH Designs offers a 12 month limited warranty on materials and workmanship. DLH Designs’ warranty is dependant on the product being installed by a licenced plumber and that all installation instructions are followed. DLH Designs will not warrant basins that are installed damaged, please inspect your basin carefully before installation.
- The development of pinholes or other changes that occur naturally in concrete.
- Edge chipping.
- The failure of sealer due to incorrect use or care. Please read and follow all care instructions carefully.
- Normal wear and tear.
- Use in any setting other than domestic.
- Chemical damage.
- Damage through the use of abrasive, acidic or alkaline cleaners. This includes the use of common laundry products such as napisan, bleach, preen, laundry detergents etc.
- Damage to sealer from contact with cosmetics such as cleansers, moisturisers, face masks, sunscreens, etc
- Staining or scratching.
- Cracking due to an overtightened or incorrectly installed waste, or due to exposure to hot water over 55 degrees Celcius.
- Any basin installed without the rubber ring supplied.
- Slight (up to 5%) variances in size. Such tolerances are expected in manufacturing.
Concrete basins are resistant to stains and ingress of water but are neither stain nor water proof. DLH Designs cannot predict nor control how our customers, their guests or their cleaners will use their basins. DLH Designs do not warrant wear/damage to the sealer through every day use nor any resulting damage to the concrete itself, nor do we warrant against staining caused by any substance.
DLH Designs are suppliers of basins only. We do not involve ourselves in the responsibility of install nor can we warrant the work of your plumber. If your basin needs to be replaced due to any reason including that of warranty, DLH Designs are responsible for the replacement of the basin only. DLH Designs will not be responsible for any costs associated with removal or installation of the new basin nor any other associated costs such as electrical, flooring, cabinets etc.
This 12 month limited warranty commences at the time the basin leaves our workshop. This warranty is not transferable during the warranty period to any subsequent owner of the residence where the product was original installed.
Warranty claims will not be accepted if:
- Not accompanied by proof of purchase
- Not claimed within a reasonable period of the defect becoming apparent
- Not accompanied by clear photographic depiction of the defect
- The damaged basin is not made available for inspection if requested or required. Any shipping costs associated with this are the responsibility of the customer.
Please note that when ordering a basin from DLH Designs you are agreeing to the conditions of the above warranty. No correspondance will be entered into that contravenes the above warranty conditions.